Wednesday 1 December 2010

So, why isn't blog in the dictionary?

So, I finally decided to start my blog properly. I can't even remember when I made this thing, and I don't have any desire to check; all I know is it's been a long, long time. One of the things that got in my way (or at least one of the excuses I'm using) is NaNoWriMo. 50,000 words in one month turned out to be a lot harder than I imagined. It wasn't an issue of time; I have no job and little to no social life outside of World of Warcraft (not that you'll catch me complaining), probably because I suffer from paranoia and anxiety, so I had pretty much all day every day this month to write. The problem was, despite the fact I love to write and pour my imagination out of my brain like delicious, hot tea I didn't like my story. The more and more I wrote, the more and more I hated it. But that wasn't the point! The point was I had to get those 50k words done in a month, I had to prove to myself I could do it, and hey, I did! Go me. Yay. Seize the nearest party popper and pop it over my head (just not directly at me, or that could lead to injury!)


Anyway, for my first post this has been a bit grim. So here, look at these kittens. They're having a whale of a time in that barrel.

Okay next. So as you know, my name is Mark. And as I've said I play World of Warcraft, let's focus on that for a bit. A lot of my posts will probably be about WoW, some say I'm addicted, but I just say I enjoy it too much to do anything else. There's a difference, people! Though in truth I do do (Hurr) other things, I quite like doing other things. Maybe someday I'll talk about these other things.

My main of world of Warcraft is Ravange the Troll Rogue of the EU RP server of The Sha'tar. (Go, go, Sha'tar!) Though I should admit: Hello, my name is Mark and I'm an altoholic.I've been playing for a good few years now, for anyone who plays and know what the hell I'm talking about I joined in the middle of TBC era. Being on an RP server I used to spend a lot of time roleplaying, it's a great way of siphoning all that excess imagination you may have locked up in your head. World of Warcraft, and indeed roleplay, is something I hold very dear to me for one reason. It was through the game that I met my boyfriend, through roleplay to be precise. Our characters met and became friends, then soon after we started to talk Out of Character and became friends, then we became closer until finally we decided after a while to meet up in real life. Being on opposite ends of the country didn't help in this en devour, but we did it none-the-less. And now finally a year or two later we're living together and playing WoW side by side.

I remember when people would hiss at and shun people who mentioned meeting people over the Internet, especially possible love candidates. But it's a growing phenomenon and if done with enough care can turn out amazing results! But trust me, I've met my fair share of people online who I knew I should avoid in real life; they were probably mass puppy murderers or Cthulhu worshipers or those Gouranga street "monks" or something. Ugh! That's a story for another time. I have you on the edge of your seat now, don't I?

For my first blog post I don't think this has been too bad, I don't think it's been too good either. Hopefully future posts will have more structure. Or more pretty colourful pictures of unicorns and boats or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment